A certified home inspection saves you time and money.
Most Realtors® will advise potential buyers to have a home inspection performed by a Certified Home Inspector before closing on the property. Mortgage lenders require a home inspection before they will approve your loan. And increasingly, savvy sellers are initiating inspections on their property before they even list it!
The insights you receive from your property inspection are essential to making the best deal possible.
While home inspections can’t correctly predict how your home will stand up over time, they CAN pinpoint existing problem areas.
How to choose a home inspection company
The #1 factor to consider as you choose a home inspection company is the inspector who will be at your property. Real estate professionals recommend clients choose a home inspector who:
- Is knowledgeable about a wide range of building systems and construction methods
- Is thoroughly trained to assess signs of wear and tear in building materials, systems and structures
- Is patient, organized and detail oriented—a professional inspection should take 3-4 hours, cover all key aspects of your property, include recommendations on ways to correct deficiencies, and help you understand what to look out for in the property overall
- Demonstrates a willingness to carefully explain his or her findings
- Understands local code (in the Triangle NC, they should at a minimum be familiar with Raleigh and other townships in Wake County, Durham and Durham County, Chapel Hill and Orange County, Chatham County, Harnett County, as well as the surrounding areas)
- Is a good fit for your personality; you want to feel comfortable having this person in and around your home during the inspection, and while answering your questions after it
Other factors to consider include:
- Prompt turnaround time, so you don’t lose any momentum or opportunities
- Having the option to download your report, further increasing your time savings
- Detailed explanations of inspection findings, including color photos
- Satisfaction Guarantee: A satisfaction guarantee is always a good consumer safety mechanism, and it says a lot about the confidence a company has in its products and services
Once you’re ready to move forward, we hope you’ll give us a call if you’re in the Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill areas (the Triangle NC). We’re proud of our track record and customer feedback, particularly the care we take ensuring each client’s inspection and report is complete, clear and useful. It’s all part of our Peace of Mind Guarantee:
Attend the last hour of your home inspection, and if you are less than fully satisfied with the quality of our home inspection service, for any reason, just tell the inspector before receiving your report and we’ll either make it right, or you don’t pay the home inspection fee! It’s that simple.
“Thank you Andy! You did a great job and the report looks excellent. We were happy with the results of the inspection and have plans to close next month. I will surely refer my co-worker or any others to you. Thanks again for all your help.” Zachary S. Strable, Cary, NC